Your child's first few years are so important!
Learn how to make the most of them in this online parenting class
Active Parenting: First Five Years is a dynamic video program for parents and other caregivers. Written by parenting expert (and dad) Dr. Michael Popkin, this course will show you how to nurture your child with a "just right" combination of freedom and nonviolent discipline. You'll have fun while giving your children a strong start. BONUS: learn 6 simple steps to get them ready for preschool. Millions of parents have achieved success with Active Parenting—and you can, too!
Learn how to build a strong foundation
for your child—right from the start.
Active Parenting: First Five Years makes it easy to learn a whole model of effective parenting starting from the very beginning. In this class you will explore many critical topics that are on the minds of all new parents.
Session I: You and Your Child
- Styles of parenting
- Ages and stages of development
- Building a bond with your child
- The method of choice
Session II: Preventing Problems
- Your child's beautiful brain
- Using nonviolent discipline
- The "A-C-T" of parenting
Session III: Encouraging Positive Behavior
- The power of encouragement
- Choices and consequences
- Caring for the caregiver
Session IV: Preparing for school success
- 6 smart things parents can do to help young children get ready for school
It costs so little—and you get so much!
The course fee of $79.95 gives you all this:
- FREE shipping & handling
- Private User Name and Password for accessing the online interactive program features
- Daily, 24-hour access for 60 days to the online activities and lessons of your registered class, including video
- The complete Active Parenting: First Five Years Parent's Guide—delivered by mail within 5-7 business days after registration
- Certified Active Parenting Online Leader guidance and direct email communication during the enrollment period
- Printable certificate upon successful completion of the course.
It's so simple.
- Watch the entertaining video scenes depicting real-life family situations
- Participate in online discussion and activities with fellow class members and your group leader
- Read the corresponding chapter of the Active Parenting:First Five Years Parent's Guide
- Review past lessons
- Successfully complete the final quiz and print your Certificate of Completion
When can I start my class?
You will receive an introductory email within 30 minutes of your paid registration, sent to the email address you provided at checkout. This email will provide your enrollment code and other information you'll need to access the class. Your Parent's Guide will be mailed to you and should arrive within 5-7 business days. Questions? Send an email message to email@example.com.
Active Parenting offers a 100% unconditional guarantee. If you find that the Active Parenting: First Five Years Online Group class does not meet your expectations, let us know before printing your Certificate of Completion and within 75 days of your registration date and we'll refund your registration fee. (No refunds after certificate is printed.)
Sign me up!
As explained above, the cost of the course is $79.95 (shipping & handling is FREE). Payment is accepted using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. You will receive an introductory email with the enrollment code within 30 minutes of your paid registration, sent to the email address you provided at checkout. NOTE: This course requires one of the following web browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome. It will not work on Safari. Not currently available for mobile devices.
Note to court-ordered parents requiring certification:
Please check with the deciding authority about its requirements before registering for an Active Parenting: First Five Years Online Group.
The Active Parenting: First Five Years Online Group program provides written certification of your completion of the course. A certificate will be available for printing upon successful completion of the course's final quiz.
Note: Some families require more help than a parenting education class can provide. Active Parenting Publishers does not guarantee changes in children as a result of attending parenting classes. Our programs are educational in nature, not therapeutic. Throughout the program, parents are taught that change occurs when they (the parents) work to make the changes. If problems persist, please don't give up; seek the help of a social services or mental health professional.