Tackle the teen years with courage and confidence.
This online course will show you how.
It's the full-time job that we don't get paid for: raising children. But being a great parent of teens doesn't have to be the most stressful part of your life. With Dr. Michael H. Popkin's respected parenting class, you will acquire valuable tools needed by every parent. Active Parenting of Teens is an online program that will give you confidence and courage to meet the challenges (and savor the joys) of your children's teen years. It is based on the award-winning Active Parenting of Teens curriculum.
Combining entertaining video, group discussion, reading and activities, the program will show you how to:
- Communicate effectively with teens (it can be done!)
- Understand a teen's goals—which is key to avoiding power struggles
- Give your teen the tools needed to behave in a responsible way
- Be a positive influence on your adolescent
- Reduce the risks of the teen years, including alcohol, drugs, sexuality and violence
- Much more!
And because it's an online parenting class, you can complete the lessons wherever and whenever you would like, and review past lessons as many times as you need. Aside from providing parenting help through planned lessons, the online class also allows you to connect with other parents to hold discussions and complete activities.
You will receive excellent advice and parenting techniques from a highly qualified leader, access to online resources and videos, and the ability to discuss parenting with other adults around the country—all in one parenting class at the low cost of $79.95. It's a small price to pay for a priceless learning experience
It costs so little—you get so much!
The course fee of $79.95 gives you all this:
- Daily, 24-hour access to the online activities and lessons of your registered class, including video
- Pick up right where you left off with a Private User Name and Password for accessing the online interactive program features
- Certified Active Parenting Online Leader guidance and direct email communication during the class period
- The complete Parent's Guide or ebook—yours to keep
- Certificate upon completion of the final quiz
Master critical skills needed for guiding your kids through the critical teen years.
Active Parenting of Teens is an award-winning program written by parenting expert Michael H. Popkin, Ph.D. Since 1983, millions of parents have achieved success with Active Parenting. You can, too! Learn all this in just six sessions.
Session I: The Active Parent
- Styles of parenting
- Teens today
- Control vs. influence
- Mutual respect
Session II: Winning Cooperation
- Who owns the problem?
- Active communication with teens
- The key of encouragement
Session III: Responsibility & Discipline
- Problem-solving with FLAC
- Logical consequences and more
Session IV: Building Courage, Redirecting Misbehavior
- The Think-Feel-Do cycle
- Courage and self-esteem
- The 5 goals of teen behavior
- Eliminating power struggles
Session V: Drugs, Sexuality, and Violence (Part I)
- Reducing the risks
- Overview of the issues
- Prevention strategies 1-4 (focus on sexuality)
Session VI: Drugs, Sexuality, and Violence (Part II)
- Prevention strategies 5-10 (focus on alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs)
With your leader, you're not alone in cyberspace.
Each Active Parenting of Teens Online Group is led by a certified Active Parenting Online Leader. To meet our stringent criteria, each leader must pass thorough screening, testing and evaluating by Active Parenting's Manager of Work/Life Connections, Cathy Daughtridge. They then receive additional training in Active Parenting principles, group dynamics and the online learning process.
It's so simple.
- Login with your private enrollment key
- Watch the entertaining video scenes depicting real-life family situations
- Participate in online discussion and activities with fellow class members and your group leader
- Read the Parent's Guide and review past lessons as needed
- Succesfully complete the class for your certificate
When can I start my class?
You will be notified by email of your class login information within three business days of registration. Your Parent's Guide will be mailed to you and should arrive within 5-7 business days. Questions? Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Active Parenting offers a 100% unconditional guarantee. If you find that your Active Parenting Online Group course does not meet your expectations, you may request a full refund within two weeks of the end of your course. (Request for refund must occur before printing the certificate of completion.)
Sign me up!
A spot in an Active Parenting Online Group is waiting for you. We've made a sincere effort to make our Online Groups affordable to many parents, so hurry—classes fill fast.
As explained above, the cost of the course is $79.95. Payment is accepted using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. You will be notified by email of your class enrollment key and URL.
Note to court-ordered parents requiring certification:
Please check with the deciding authority about its requirements before registering for an Active Parenting of Teens Online Group.
The Active Parenting of Teens Online Groups program provides written certification of your completion of the course. A certificate will be available for printing upon successful completion of the course's final quiz.
Note: Some families require more help than a parenting education class can provide. Active Parenting Publishers does not guarantee changes in children as a result of attending parenting classes. Our programs are educational in nature, not therapeutic. Throughout the program, parents are taught that change occurs when they (the parents) work to make the changes. If problems persist, please don't give up; seek the help of a social services or mental health professional.