Find new ways to rear children of joy, character, and a living faith
Christian Active Parenting combines the best in proven parenting skills with the wisdom of the Christian faith to help you achieve a fuller, more satisfying family life as you raise children of joy, character, and a living faith.
The Active Parenting model focuses on encouragement, communication, and non-violent discipline. Incorporating Scripture, Christian family scenarios, and commentary on faith issues, Christian Active Parenting guides parents to integrate their faith into parenting and watch their families thrive.
The heart of the matter is the increased JOY you will experience as a family. Since 1983, over three million parents have learned from Active Parenting’s dynamic, entertaining, and powerful video and discussion programs—and now, so can you! .
This comprehensive parenting class "meets" online and covers a diverse selection of parenting topics, including:
- Using nonviolent discipline guided by God’s love
- Opening up lines of communication—before they get clogged
- Building a solid foundation of character for the upcoming teen years and beyond
- Encouraging school success in 7 smart ways
- Overcoming anger through the word of God
- Stimulating independence as your child grows older
- How to stop scolding and start smiling with your kids again!
And because it's an online parenting class, you can complete the lessons wherever and whenever you would like, and review past lessons as many times as you need.
In this Christian parenting class, you name the time and place.
You can "click on and off" as needed to complete each lesson. The 60-day enrollment period allows you "24/7" access to all online video, activities, discussions and past lessons.
It's so simple.
- Watch the entertaining video scenes depicting real-life family situations
- Participate in online discussion and activities with fellow class members and your group leader
- Read the corresponding chapter of the Christian Active Parenting Parent's Guide and complete the activity sheets in the Workbook.
- Review past lessons
- Successfully complete the final quiz and print your Certificate of Completion
LOG IN: You will receive an introductory email within 30 minutes of your paid registration, sent to the email address you provided at checkout. This email will provide your enrollment code and other information you'll need to access the class.If you don't receive this email, contact Online Coordinator Leigh Hammond at email@example.com.
Master critical skills needed for parenting in the 21st century.
Children grow up so fast and today they face an unsettling world. You need all the skills you can get as soon as you can get them. The time you spend in this class is a good investment in making the years ahead easier for you and more promising for your precious child.
Christian Active Parenting is program written by parenting expert Michael H. Popkin, Ph.D., along with co-authors Melody F. Popkin and Sue Allen, M.A. Millions of parents have achieved success with the Active Parenting video and discussion programs, which makes it easy to learn a whole model of effective parenting:
Session I: The Active Parent
- Styles of parenting
- Brain development in children
- The method of choice
- Quiet time with God
Session II: Cooperation & Communication
- Who owns the problem?
- Active communication
- Feelings, empathy & problem-solving
- Introducing Bible reading to your kids
Session III: Responsibility & Discipline
- Nonviolent discipline guided by God's love
- "I" messages
- Logical consequences
Session IV: Building Courage & Self-Esteem
- The Think-Feel-Do Cycle
- The power of encouragement
- Biblical tradition of encouragement
Session V: Understanding and Redirecting Misbehavior
- Why children misbehave
- Eliminating power struggles
- Overcoming anger through the word of God
- Problem-solving with FLAC
Session VI: Active Parenting for School Success
- 7 Smart Things for School Success
- Christian influences in your child's life
- Tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
- Family talks
With your leader, you're not alone in cyberspace.
Each Christian Active Parenting Online Group is led by a trained Active Parenting Online Leader, who is there to support and assist you. Your online leader will respond to your posts, answer questions, and help guide you through the course information.
You will receive an introductory email within 30 minutes of your paid registration, sent to the email address you provided at checkout. This email will provide your enrollment code and other information you'll need to access the class.
It costs so little—you get so much!
The course fee of $79.95 gives you all this:
- Private User Name and Password for accessing the online interactive program features
- Daily, 24-hour access for 60 days to the online activities and lessons of your registered class, including video
- The complete Christian Active Parenting Parent's Guide—delivered by mail within 5-7 business days after registration
- Certified Active Parenting Online Leader guidance and direct email communication during the enrollment period
- Printable certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Active Parenting offers a 100% unconditional guarantee. If you find that the Christian Active Parenting Online Group class does not meet your expectations, let us know before printing your Certificate of Completion and within 75 days of your registration date and we'll refund your registration fee. (No refunds after certificate is printed.)
Sign me up!
As explained above, the cost of the course is $79.95. Payment is accepted using MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express. NOTE: This course requires Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome.
When can I start my class?
Your Parent's Guide will be mailed to you and should arrive within 5-7 business days.
The Christian Active Parenting Online Groups program provides written certification of your completion of the course. A certificate will be available for printing upon successful completion of the course's final quiz.
Note: Some families require more help than a parenting education class can provide. Active Parenting Publishers does not guarantee changes in children as a result of attending parenting classes. Our programs are educational in nature, not therapeutic. Throughout the program, parents are taught that change occurs when they (the parents) work to make the changes. If problems persist, please don't give up; seek the help of a social services or mental health professional.